Track your KMs
Your profile page includes your personal kilometre tally so you can track your KMs towards your target. This is a great way to keep your friends updated on your workouts!
If you track your workouts with Fitbit, MapMyFitness or Strava your KMs will automatically add to your tally.
Follow these steps to track your KMs automatically:
- Download the Fitbit, Strava or MapMyFitness app and set up your account
- Log in to your For Fitness Sake account
- Under the heading ‘Connect your preferred Fitness app’, click your chosen app
- Follow the prompts to connect your account
- When you next work out, select ‘start your workout’ in the app on your phone. Once you end your workout, save your workout and your distance will be published to the tally on your page the following day.
If you have synced your app already but it is not working, please log in and re-connect it.When using Fitbit, you must 'start' an activity and save it. Your daily steps will not automatically add to your page. If you are having issues, try syncing through BOTH your Fitbit and the Fitbit app on your smartphone.
When using MapMyFitness, you must 'start' your workout, 'stop' your workout and then 'SAVE' your workout.
Your tally will be updated each morning with the previous day's KMs.
Remember, you can manually add your kilometres to the tally in your My Activity tab of your profile after registering. This is a great option if you're using a pedometer or a different method of tracking your KMs.
Follow these steps to manually add your KMs:
- Log in to your For Fitness Sake account and select ‘My Fitness Activity’
- Under ‘Add activity’, enter the date and distance
- The number of KMs will now appear on your fundraising page!